Widener offers you many options for a life-changing experience in another country. You can travel abroad for academic studies, service-learning, volunteer, or work opportunities. You can pursue these opportunities during the summer, winter, or spring break, a semester, or a full academic year. Living in a different country and experiencing another culture will broaden your horizons and contribute to your understanding of the world while giving you career-building international experience.
Widener faculty members have organized study abroad experiences in countries such as Bolivia, Ecuador, France, Italy, Mexico, and Peru. Widener also has formal exchange programs with the University of Greifswald in Germany and Chongqing Technology and Business University in China. In recent years, Widener students have participated in service-learning projects in Argentina, Panama, and Costa Rica, and studied in Australia, China, France, Germany, Ireland, and Italy.
International Focus on Campus
Widener’s curriculum incorporates international experiences:
- Widener has a robust study-abroad program.
- Many courses have a focus beyond the United States.
- Students can take French, Italian, and Spanish courses.
- Majors and minors are offered in French and Spanish; a minor is offered in Italian.
- Majors are offered in international business and international relations.
- Extra and co-curricular activities and student organizations offer international-themed events.
For more information, contact the Office of Global Engagement at 610-499-4372 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.