2021-2022 Undergraduate Catalog [FINAL EDITION]
2021-2022 Undergraduate Catalog
About the Undergraduate Catalog
This catalog contains comprehensive information about Widener University’s undergraduate programs. Widener offers more than 60 majors and minors to choose from. This catalog includes every undergraduate academic program and the requirements for earning a degree. It lists requirements, curriculum sequences, and general information about each program. Brief descriptions of all courses are listed by department, as well as programs of study for each major and minor, specializations, concentrations, pathways dual degrees, and double majors.
What Catalog should I use?
- The requirements specified in each Catalog apply to students who began their studies at Widener University during the academic year listed on the Catalog, and who remain in continuous enrollment until they graduate.
- Academic program requirements may change at University discretion. Students will be notified of any changes by their academic department or program, and will be advised of their options based on those changes.
- Students unsure of which catalog to use should consult with their Academic Advisor.
- The Catalog and University web site does not take the place of academic advising! Students must meet with their advisor regularly to ensure that they are meeting current program and major requirements for completion and graduation
Where do I find my catalog?
- To find an interactive catalog for the specific academic year catalog academic years between 2019/2020 - 2022-2023 use the drop down menu above to find the Undergraduate or Graduate catalog or links below.
- To find a pdf of the University Catalog between 2011/2012 - 2018-2019 use link on the left hand Navigation bar.
- Catalogs labeled “Edited Edition” are for an upcoming academic year and subject to change on a regular basis and will be accessed by the website.
Pandemic and other Disruptions
COVID-19 or other pandemics or epidemics may impact the learning experience in unpredictable ways. The university reserves the right at all times to cancel, suspend, or delay all or any classes or programs provided by the university, to transition all or any classes or programs to an online or hybrid format, closing campus facilities, or to take any other measures that the university deems necessary to protect the health and safety of university community members and/or to comply with health and safety laws, orders, ordinances, regulations, and health and safety guidance issued by local, state, and national public health officials.
Explore the powerful and unique intersection of environmental health and sustainability management within this science-focused major that will prepare you for an array of career opportunities in rapidly growing industries.
Why Earn a Degree in Environmental Health and Sustainability Management?
- You’ll be prepared for an agile, innovative career with a unique combination of high-demand skills ranging from managing teams and operations to performing technical-scientific experiments and evaluating evidence.
- You’ll become a skilled critical thinker, effective communicator, and collaborator—ready to partner across many disciplines.
- You’ll help create green solutions that address the environmental issues that define this century.