Widener University Catalog System
Widener University Catalog System
About the Academic Catalog and Handbooks
The University Undergraduate and Graduate Catalog, Student Handbooks provide information related to study at Widener University. The Undergraduate and Graduate Catalogs include descriptions of the Colleges/Schools, departments and programs. It is the student’s responsibility to complete the curriculum prescribed in the University catalog in effect, or as modified, in the summer of the academic year when they matriculate. The University catalogs are updated every academic year and will show “previous edition” for current or past academic years. Academic advisors and department faculty advisors provide students with assistance in developing an academic program of study, choosing courses consistent with this program, and discussing career options. Use the information from your catalog when meeting with your advisor.
To find current and past academic year student handbooks please use the dropdown menu above or the links below:
What Catalog should I use?
- The requirements specified in each Catalog apply to students who began their studies at Widener University during the academic year listed on the Catalog, and who remain in continuous enrollment until they graduate.
- Academic program requirements may change at University discretion. Students will be notified of any changes by their academic department or program, and will be advised of their options based on those changes.
- Students unsure of which catalog to use should consult with their Academic Advisor.
- The Catalog and University web site does not take the place of academic advising! Students must meet with their advisor regularly to ensure that they are meeting current program and major requirements for completion and graduation
Where do I find my catalog?
- To find an interactive catalog for the specific academic year catalog academic years between 2019/2020 - 2023-2024 use the drop down menu above to find the Undergraduate or Graduate catalog or choose the catalog name below.
- To find a pdf of Prior Catalogs 2018-2019 and Earlier see Navigation Bar.
- Catalogs labeled “Edited Edition” are for an upcoming academic year and subject to change on a regular basis and may be accessed by the website for curriculum information.
Pandemic or Other Disruptions
COVID-19 or other pandemics or epidemics may impact the learning experience in unpredictable ways. The university reserves the right at all times to cancel, suspend, or delay all or any classes or programs provided by the university, to transition all or any classes or programs to an online or hybrid format, closing campus facilities, or to take any other measures that the university deems necessary to protect the health and safety of university community members and/or to comply with health and safety laws, orders, ordinances, regulations, and health and safety guidance issued by local, state, and national public health officials.
My Portfolio and Catalog Icon Guide
Students may want to save courses or program requirements to a Portfolio. You can save your Portfolio to retrieve during a later visit by creating a simple login account. If you do not create a login account, everything in your Portfolio will be discarded when you close your browser. To save your Portfolio, simply provide an e-mail address and password below, and you may then retrieve your Portfolio whenever you like.
KEEP IT PRINT IT SHARE IT FIND IT